Work type: Full-time
Department: Journalism and Media Studies Centre (31000)
Categories: Executive / Technical / Support
Applications are invited for appointment as Communication Officer (at the rank of Executive Officer) in the Journalism and Media Studies Centre (Ref:523979).
The appointee will be responsible for managing a spectrum of communications, marketing activities and external affairs initiatives of the Centre, with the major responsibilities including:
• Implement effective communication and marketing strategies to promote the Centre and its activities;
• Design and create marketing materials, including website development, social media channels, brochures, flyers and newsletters;
• Coordinate and promote the Centre’s events, including conferences, seminars and workshops;
• Identify opportunities for external engagement opportunities such as outreach and Knowledge Exchange activities to enhance the Centre’s visibility and reach, while monitoring analytics to optimize our branding and increase our visibility;
• Foster a strong sense of community among alumni by enhancing alumni engagement, as well as maintain an updated alumni database to ensure records of alumni contact information; and
• Perform any other duties assigned by the Centre.
Applicants must have practical experience with operating major social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, and Facebook; Native English or proven proficiency in producing content in English preferred. Chinese proficiency is not required but an added advantage. General IT proficiency including knowledge of website content management and graphic design tools such as WordPress, Mailchimp, Canvas, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator is advantageous. Candidates must have a high level of communication and interpersonal skills, time management and problem solving skills.
Applicants should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism and Marketing, or a related field with at least 3 years’ relevant work experience in communications or marketing, preferably in a social media and general content producing role.
The appointment will be made on a fixed-term full-time contract for two years, to commence as soon as possible, with the possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance. A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered, in addition to annual leave and medical benefits. The appointments on fixed terms will attract a contract-end gratuity and University contribution to a retirement benefits scheme, totalling up to 10% of the basic salary. Other benefits include annual leave and medical benefits.
The University only accepts online applications for the above post. Applicants should apply online and upload an up-to-date C.V., academic transcripts and a portfolio of the work in communication/marketing. Review of applications will commence as soon as possible and continue until January 12, 2024, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a written test and an interview.