The Asia Society Hong Kong presents a President’s Circle Off-the-Record Afternoon Discussion
A wide-ranging discussion of China’s evolving role in the world and its foreign and security policy. The session will focus on the impact and implications of China’s rise as an economic and geopolitical power, looking at China’s relations with its neighbors, the US, Africa and other parts of the world. Is China becoming a responsible stakeholder in the international community? Is the world misunderstanding China’s rise?
- Dai Bingran, Jean Monnet Chair & Director, Centre for European Studies, Fudan University
- Ying Chan, Director, Journalism and Media Studies Centre, University of Hong Kong
- Alicia Garcia-Herrero, Chief Economist for Emerging Markets, Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria
- Richard Hu Weixing, Associate Professor, Department of Politics and Public Administration, University of Hong Kong
- Yoichi Kato, National Security Correspondent, Asahi Shimbun
- Amb. Rodolfo Severino, Director, ASEAN Studies Centre, Institute of Southeast Asian Studies, Singapore; Former Secretary General, ASEAN
- Shen Dingli, Professor & Executive Dean, Institute of International Studies, Fudan University
- Injoo Sohn, Associate Professor, Department of Politics and Public Administration, University of Hong Kong
- Tim Summers, Senior Consulting Fellow, Asia Programme, Chatham House
- Zhang Junhua, Professor of Political Science, School of International and Public Affairs, Shanghai Jiao Tong University; Senior Associate, European Institute for Asian Studies
- Alejandro Reyes, Visiting Associate Professor, University of Hong Kong
*This program is for President’s Circle members only. Please download the registration form here.
Journalism and Media Studies Centre, The University of Hong Kong