Two of the core courses offered to Master of Journalism students will be covered by the Continuing Education Fund (CEF) as of September 2011.
The Continuing Education Fund (CEF) subsidises Hong Kong residents to pursue continuing education and training courses. The two JMSC courses it will cover are Television News Writing and Video News Production.
Eligible applicants will be reimbursed 80% of their fees, subject to a maximum sum of HK$10,000 (whichever is less), on successful completion of a reimbursable course.
|Course Title||CEF Course Code||Minimum Requirements on|
|Television News Writing||28Z082409||60%||90%|
|Video News Production||28Z082417||50%||80%|
For local MJ applicants, this could mean a HK$10,000 reduction in tuition fees.
If local students are interested in applying to receive this benefit, they should:
1. Apply for the MJ programme.
2. Receive an offer and pay admission.
3. Download the form from the CEF website and complete all the approval paperwork before the courses start in September 2011.
4. Take the form to Kennis Lau at the JMSC for the required chop.
5. Send the completed form to the CEF office.
6. At the end of the semester, once the courses are complete, fill in a reimbursement form that will be sent to them directly by the CEF, and then return the completed form to the CEF office.
For details regarding eligibility and application procedures, please refer to http://www.sfaa.gov.hk/cef/