Stories worth telling
Are you a savvy journalist who loves digging deep on the social web? Come learn from the best in the business at Storyful, the world’s first social news agency. From war in Syria to protests in Hong Kong, from hurricanes to the 2016 US election, newsrooms rely on Storyful to find the eyewitness views that lie closest to the heart of the story. We work closely with many top newsrooms such as the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, ABC News, Al Jazeera and the Washington Post every day.
Storyful interns will be based in our Hong Kong office, where they will work with our news, trends and viral video teams. You’ll be trained on our state-of-the-art technology and learn our processes for finding and verifying social media content from news events happening around the world. Our interns work as fully-fledged members of the team, so all we ask is that you come in ready to learn and take direction from Day One. Skills in speaking foreign languages and video editing are preferred, but not necessary for consideration.
• An excellent command of English is a prerequisite
• Familiarity and strong understanding of social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Weibo etc.
• Excellent computer skills
• Video editing and foreign language skills are an advantage, but not mandatory
• Work with the news team within the daily workflow of discovering, verifying and distributing social stories for clients.
• Work with editors on outside platforms such as Facebook Newswire and YouTube Newswire as assigned
• Assist the team on US elections coverage.
• Work with staff on resource-building (Facebook lists, Twitter lists, Streams, etc.) in areas identified as needed.
• Conduct outreach to uploaders as needed.