Introduction to Media Law
What is media law—an introduction to freedom of expression and some of the major issues concerning press freedom which will be the focus of this course. We will look at how press freedom has evolved in different countries around the world, and consider the various factors that influence the state of media law in these countries.
- Overview (Chapter 1), Hong Kong Media Law
- Preface (Understanding Media Law in the Global Context), International Libel & Privacy Handbook
- Weisenhaus, “Communication Law and Policy: Asia,” in Wolfgang Donsbach (ed), The International Encyclopedia of Communication (Oxford, UK and Malden, MA: Wiley Blackwell /International Communication Association), pp. 723-728
- Freedom of the Press, 2011 Annual Report, Freedom House (See http://freedomhouse.org)
- Wong Yeung Ng v. Secretary for Justice 1999 (Oriental Daily case) (scandalizing the court)