Updated Deadline ( Oct 30th 11:59 PM)
From this list choose one to be your topic or come up with one of your own. Find a topic that will allow you to write 7-10 pages for your assignment. For assigment 3 come up with an outline for your final assignment. Provide one paragraph describing your topic then provide an outline of your final assignment. A list for this more than good. I want to know what areas you will look into. Keep in mind the key topics we talked about in this course.
- Digital Natives (developed markets or emerging markets)
- Impact of Mobile Devices on News
- Development of digital music from 2005-2011
- Development of internet video since the launch of Youtube
- Digital Print ebooks, enewspaper and emagazines
- Collaborative Creativity
- Human Flesh Search Engine
- Role of social media for group organizing Arab Spring
- Role of social media for news reporting and coverage during the Arab Spring
- Online shopping and eCoupons
- Online Censorship (choose a region or country)
- Development of Video editing from Analog to Digital, from Linear to NLE
Submit your proposal for a final project that may be used by your group. Approach the project as if you were submitting a new piece of digital work for a media company or publication. You can either create something entirely new or propose to modify an existing section of Muse.
Approach the project with these in mind.
- Social impact?
- What makes it unique?
The proposal should be no longer than 500 words. If you need to include images to describe your project, feel free to include it. This will be the initial idea for what may potentially be the final project for your group.
Research Paper Template
Project Proposal Templates
- Week 1: Introduction / Learning Outcomes and Digital vs. Analog (Sept 5th)
- Week 2: Distribution / The Long Tail and The Internet (Sept 12th)
- Week 3: Niche Content: Guest Lecture – Frank Proctor of Muse Magazine (Sept 19th)
- Week 4: Social Media / User Generated Content (Sept 26th)
- Week 5: Communication and Power: Guest Lecture – Diane Stormont (Oct 3rd)
- Week 6: Collaborative Creativity / Lessons from Start Ups (Oct 10th)
- Week 7: Guest Lecture – Brandon Cheung of Tribal DDB (Oct 24th)
- Week 8: Machine Readable Media / Open API (Oct 31st)
- Week 9: Open API (Nov 7th)
- Week: 10 Censorship and Network Boundaries
- Week: 11 Imagining the Future (Nov 14th)
- Week: 12 Joi Ito @ HKU(Nov 28)