Deconstruct and analyze a media organization’s website or a digital media technology and the impact it has on a particular region in the world (ie: Mobile Technology in Africa). Breakdown the different parts of a media website. Consider the thoughts behind a website if you were running it yourself? What content do you put up? What are the different parts to it? How often is content updated? Present it to class in 5 minutes.
Analyzing a media organization’s website
- Content Producer
- Describing to you colleagues about this site.
Analyzing a piece of Digital Media Technology
- Who uses it? (Demographics ?)
- How is it used? (user habits ?)
- What impact does it have on society?
- Week 1: Introduction / Learning Outcomes and Digital vs. Analog (Sept 5th)
- Week 2: Distribution / The Long Tail and The Internet (Sept 12th)
- Week 3: Niche Content: Guest Lecture – Frank Proctor of Muse Magazine (Sept 19th)
- Week 4: Social Media / User Generated Content (Sept 26th)
- Week 5: Communication and Power: Guest Lecture – Diane Stormont (Oct 3rd)
- Week 6: Collaborative Creativity / Lessons from Start Ups (Oct 10th)
- Week 7: Guest Lecture – Brandon Cheung of Tribal DDB (Oct 24th)
- Week 8: Machine Readable Media / Open API (Oct 31st)
- Week 9: Open API (Nov 7th)
- Week: 10 Censorship and Network Boundaries
- Week: 11 Imagining the Future (Nov 14th)
- Week: 12 Joi Ito @ HKU(Nov 28)